Your courteous actions will honor God
and reflect Christianity to those around you.
11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
– Ephesians 4:11-13 (NIV)
ACTS OF SERVICE:
- Take a cart in.
- Let someone with fewer items in front of you.
- Dating, Impress the parents?
- There are times when we need to be served, then give back.
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
– Colossians 3:12 (NIV)
ACTS OF KINDNESS:
- If a woman is standing and you are sitting, something is wrong.
- Hold the door open.
- Say Hello.
- Let people in-in traffic.
- The wave
10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
– Romans 12:10 (NIV)
- SHAKE HANDS FIRMLY, LOOK THEM IN THE EYE.
- WAIT FOR OTHERS TO GET THEIR FOOD BEFORE EATING.
- TURN YOUR MUSIC DOWN WHILE SITTING AT A LIGHT.
- CHEW WITH YOUR MOUTH CLOSED.
- PULL YOUR PANTS UP.
- IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE A PHONE CALL, EXCUSE YOURSELF AND LEAVE.
- TEXTING WHILE WITH PEOPLE…
- DON’T POST, TEXT, TWEET, INSTAGRAM SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD NOT SEND TO JESUS
- RESPOND WHEN SOMEONE TEXTS YOU
- WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING OR BE SOMEWHERE, THEN DO IT
- IF YOU ARE RUNNING LATE, LET THE PERSON KNOW
My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism.
– James 2:1 (NIV)
9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.
– James 2:9 (NIV)
DON’T JUDGE BY A PERSON’S LOOKS
6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.
– Hosea 6:6 (NIV)
HESED – mercy and kindness to God and to fellow man (root word to bow the neck).
Things to Remember:
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
– Matthew 22:37-39 (NIV)